Body of Work
Since 2011, Moagi and GATO have worked with actors from the Northern Cape in the professionalization of the arts through a skills transferral process for youths from the Northern Cape including
- 2011, ‘A Season of Locusts’, which was shown locally in the Northern Cape.
- 2012, ‘Goon’, launched at the NAF in 2012 and with a re-run in 2014. Goon was awarded a NAF Encore Award in 2014.
- 2013, ‘Big Hole’, working as above; and launched at the NAF in 2013 and with a re-run in 2014
- 2014, ‘Emsini’, working as above and which won a Special Merit Encore Award in 2014, at the NAF Cape Town Fringe
- 2014, ‘A radio production for SEDA’, working with communities from across the Northern Cape;
- 2015/6/7, ‘Clues on the Sand’, working with the Khomani San community of Askham, launched at the 2016 National Arts Festival and which will be showcased at the State Theatre, with local actors taking key roles.
As the Creative Director of GATO, Moagi researches and writes the scripts for these productions, directs the productions, acts in some of the productions and calls on his wide network of professionals in the industry to further assist in the development of youths through productions.